Usability is all about making your web site visitors as comfortable as possible whilst they visit your
web site. From the first second your web site appears infront of them they need to feel satisfied that they will be
able to find just what they are looking for.
There are simple things you need eg.
Keeping the web site simple, fast to load, easy to read, easy to navigate, pleasing to the eye - these things will not
only keep the viewer interested and want them to read more, but it may even turn them into a customer.
- Navigation that is the same on all pages
- Common theme or scheme throughout the web site
- Symbols and terminology that is recognised throughout the internet
- Design for skim reading by using HTML headings, bold text and lists
- Non clashing background and font colours eg yellow on white, grey on black, blue on green etc
- Keep page levels to a minimum